Dear Physicians & Providers,
I’m sorry I’m not available to give each and every of you a personal Orientation to Ministry Library Services. May the links below serve as an introduction to Library Services at Ministry Health Care, part of Ascension Wisconsin.
- I recommend adding this link to your Source Favorites on the left-side bar.
- My contact info is on the right side of the Library home page.
- If you use the PubMed link on the library pages, it will tap into the wealth of our full-text offerings.
- If you cannot get to a full-text article, send me the citations and I’ll get them for you. I have connections all the way up to the National Library of Medicine--at no cost to you.
- We offer a current awareness (eTOCs) service so you can keep up with your favorite professional journals. Just let me know what titles you’re interested in. For each new issue, you’ll get an email with links to the current full-text articles.
Physician & Provider ToolBox – a LibGuide filled with tools and sources that will be most helpful to a busy Provider, including sources for point-of-care, drug info, diagnosis tools, access to over 1200 eBooks, full-text articles, patient education, and more. You may want to consider adding this page to your Source Favorites as well.
Clinical Key with and Procedures Consult
- There’s also a Support Page for Clinical Key, filled with useful articles and tutorials and videos to help you get the most out of it.
- Includes Ferri’s Clinical Advisor
- ProceduresConsult is like YouTube for Medicine. It’s great if you need to review a procedure before you have to do it. It provides a web video, along with a complete write-up of the procedure, including coding info.
- Clinical Key includes 1100+ medical eBooks, and 500+ eJournals.
- The Clinical Key Mobile App is also available when you sign up for a personal account.
- Quick access to comprehensive, evidence-based, peer-reviewed information on foods, herbs, supplements and natural therapies.
Nursing Reference Center – Point-of-Care tool for Nursing. Great for short disease overviews, nursing procedures, evidence based practice care sheets, patient education, and CEUs. See a brief overview video (11 min.).
I’d be happy to give you a more in depth and personalized orientation session at your request. This could be in person in the Fox Valley or via Skype at your convenience. There’s so much I have to show you to make your work life easier! ;-)
Let me know if I can be of any help to you.
Michele Matucheski, MLS, AHIP
Librarian – Ascension Health Wisconsin
Ministry Health Care / Affinity Health System
Office at Mercy Medical Center
500 S. Oakwood Rd.
Oshkosh, WI 54904
One Mission. One Integrated Ministry. One Ascension.
Find More Answers on our Ministry LibraryLibGuides
If it takes you more than 10 minutes to find something, call or email the library. Finding what you need, no matter how obscure, is what we do.