Natural Medicines offers quick access to comprehensive, evidence-based, peer-reviewed information on foods, herbs, supplements and natural therapies.
Database coverage includes :
- adverse effects
- and products tested by third-party laboratories.
Natural Medicines provides high-quality, evidence-based information and ratings on the following :
- Evidence-based monographs: Get scientific information and ratings for over 1000 natural ingredients and alternative therapies.
- Commercial Product Ratings: Detailed information and evidence-based ratings for over 90,000 dietary supplement products.
- Interaction Checker: Prevent potentially dangerous drug-supplement combinations.
- Effectiveness Checker: Find out what works and what doesn't for any medical condition.
- Nutrient Depletion Checker: See what nutrients are depleted by drugs and when a supplement might be needed.
Also includes evidence tables and discussion(s), statistical analysis, and quality rating of available clinical trials. Grades reflect the level of available scientific data for or against the use of each therapy for a specific medical condition.
Founded by healthcare providers and researchers at Therapeutic Research.
Excellent resource to utilize in the clinical setting and can serve as a teaching tool with your patients.
For more information, see our Natural Medicines Search Tips page, where you’ll find helpful info including an 11-minute training video that offers a great overview of Natural Medicines.
Questions or Comments?
Contact Your Librarian: Michele Matucheski, MLS, AHIP
920-223-0340 or via Outlook