Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is happening with the Library at the 2501 Building in Stevens Point?
Most of the changes are related to the physical space. The Librarians will continue to support the information needs of associates with resources and services.
This space will be a clinical nursing skills lab which will be used for orientation and ongoing education.
The library print materials have been removed, except for a small collection of nursing and reference resources(located in the library space) and the management/leadership collection(located in Deb’s office). These materials are available for check out. Contact Deb Knippel for assistance.
2. Will the computers still be available in the library space?
Yes, the computers will continue to be available for associates in the library space during times when orientation and educational classes are not utilizing them. A schedule will be posted each month.
3. What if I need help when I am in the library space?
Please note that the library space will not be staffed. There is signage posted in the library with contact phone numbers if you need assistance.
4. How do I contact a librarian?
There continue to be two professional librarians at Ministry Health Care, Michele Matucheski and Deb Knippel. You can contact us by phone or email. Deb Knippel’s office space has moved to the office across the hall from the current library space at 2501. Michele is located at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh.
Deb Knippel, M.S.
715-346-5091 or 65091
Michele Matucheski, MLS
5. What if I need a literature search, book or a full-text journal article?
Contact Deb or Michele and we will fill your requests. The Library Without Walls(LWW) continues to be available for use. You may access the LWW at: http://intranet.ministryhealth.net/display/48.htm. If you need assistance or would like training, contact Michele or Deb.
6. Where will I get BLS, ACLS, PALS or NRP Textbooks?
- NRP books are mailed to associates about one month before the start of the course the associate is registered for.
- PALS books are mailed to associates about one month before the start of the course the associate is registered for.
- BLS books are mailed to associates who are taking the course for the first time(initial recognition) about one month before the start of the course the associate is registered for.
- ACLS books are mailed to associates about one month before the start of the course the associate is registered for.
- Additional ACLS and BLS books are available for self check-out in the 2501 library space on the bookshelf to the immediate left as you enter the door(under the windows) or you may contact Deb Knippel directly and have a copy sent to you.
7. Where will I get an LCD Projector?
Contact Deb Knippel to make arrangements to use the LCD Projector.
8. How do I reserve the video camera?
Contact Deb Knippel to make arrangements to use the video camera.
[Posted on behalf of ...]
Deb Knippel, M.S.
Library & Information Consultant
Ministry Education and Development
Stevens Point WI