By Michele Matucheski, MLS, AHIP – Ascension Librarian
> Save this link for future use.
The Nursing Point-of-Care LibGuide pulls together some of the just-in-time online reference tools that are most useful for nurses in direct care of patients, including:
- Nursing Procedure Manuals
- (includes The Lippincott Manuals, known to be excellent nursing references for policies & procedures)
- Diseases & Disorders
- Drug Info
- Lab Tests
- Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
- Cinahl (Find Nursing Articles)
- Patient Education
- And links to go deeper with the Nursing Specialties LibGuide and Clinical Key.
This is meant to be a temporary solution until Ascension chooses a standardized nursing point-of-care tool and makes it available nation-wide. There will be some lag time before an Ascension Wisconsin state-wide subscription for this NEW nursing point-of-care (POC) tool goes into effect later in 2018. Until then, use this LibGuide.
How to get there via the legacy intranets :
We are also working to get this link included in the various EHRs around Wisconsin and legacy intranets.
Questions or comments, contact your Ascension Wisconsin Librarians: