We think of ProceduresConsult as a trustworthy and reputable version of “YouTube for Medicine.”
Procedures Consult is an online procedure reference tool that offers easy access to complete details on how to prepare for, perform and follow up on the most common procedures required in today's hospital and clinical settings.
Procedures Consult covers the procedures required by the ABIM (American Board of Internal Medicine) and conforms to ACGME standards to help physicians and residents to consistently achieve the best patient outcomes.
· High quality video, text and illustrations for top medical procedures
· Is browsable and searchable for quick and easy access to any procedure
· Highlights when patient “informed consent” is required
· Is customizable, for institution-specific protocols and procedures
· Provides time-effective, self-directed procedures training and testing—with trackable results
· Reinforces Joint Commission patient safety concepts
· Provide Pre-, During, and Post-procedure reference
· Includes indications, contraindications, anatomy, equipment
[This information was copied from here : http://www.elsevier.com/elsevier-products/proceduresconsult]
Where to find Procedures Consult at Ministry Health Care :
Procedures Consult is part of Clinical Key.
Direct Link : https://www.clinicalkey.com/#!/browse/procedures
On The Source > Links & Resources > In the search box, type “clin”
Ø Click on Clinical Key
Also available on the Library Web pages and some of our EMRs.
Once in Clinical Key, click on the down arrow to choose ProceduresConsult :
Note: There is an app version for ProceduresConsult but unfortunately, the app version is not accessible for institutional subscribers. The publisher continues a separate pricing model for the stand alone version. You will be able to access all of PC, but only through the Clinical Key platform.
For additional articles and tutorials, visit our Clinical Key Support Page.
Questions or Comments? Contact Your Ministry Librarians :
Michele Matucheski 920-223-0340
Deb Knippel 715-346-5091