Michele Matucheski, MLS, AHIP
Librarian – Ascension Health Wisconsin
Ministry Health Care / Affinity Health System
Office at Mercy Medical Center
500 S. Oakwood Rd.
Oshkosh, WI 54904
One Mission. One Integrated Ministry. One Ascension.
Library without Walls Intranet
I’m Still Here …
After the Ascension-Wisconsin reorganization this summer, and my wonderful vacation in Scotland, I want to assure all of you that I am still here providing the Library Services you know and love, and that support YOU in making well-informed health care decisions.
As of August 2016, I am now part of the statewide Ascension-Wisconsin Library Services team, working with 3 Medical Librarians in the Milwaukee area. Together, we serve the entire state to meet your knowledge and information needs. We are currently starting the slow process of bringing together Library Services for Affinity/Ministry, Wheaton and Columbia-St. Mary’s under Ascension Wisconsin. More details to come ... In the meantime, I serve as the main Library contact for Affinity and Ministry.
Contact me if you need help with :
- Library Research / Expert Searching
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Training to use the Library Resources (including Orientations, or specific databases
- Getting Articles
- New Issue Alerts for your favorite professional eJournals
- Or if you have an idea for building a specialty specific LibGuide
Online Access :
ALL Medical Staff and Associates of Ascension - Ministry / Affinity Health Care have access to the Library Without Walls Intranet Website, offering a wealth of information and fulltext access to top-medical and nursing databases (Clinical Key, Nursing Reference Center, Cinahl-FT, PubMed, Natural Medicines) and eJournals.
Our LibGuides are organized by topic and specialty to help you find the info you need.
> Check out the clinical references on The Physician & Provider Tool Box
> or the Search Tips page.
Brick & Mortar :
For those of you on the Mercy campus in Oshkosh, the MMC Library offers :
- 24-hour access to the physical library at Mercy Medical Center for Ascension - Affinity / Ministry associates and medical staff
- Equipment Checkout (Self Service Cabinet in the MMC Library Computer Lab) :
- Laptops, Data Projectors, Speaker Phones (Polycom)
- Pagers – New and Swapped
- Computers AWAY from the hustle and bustle of the patient care areas. Great for checking email and doing mandatory web-based training when you don’t want to be disturbed.
- Life Support Books (BLS, ACLS, NRP)
- Print / Fax / Copy / Scan
- Collaboration Space – Work on a special project or meet with team members
About 1 day a week, I have to be elsewhere around the system. At those times, the MMC Library will be open for self-service. Staff can come in and use the computers, and the space even if I'm not there.
Hope to see you soon!